Pursuing a PhD does not necessary mean sitting behind an office desk, in your lonely struggle to find the best way to express your ideas on a blank page of word (or latex, if you are cool enough). It is actually a great opportunity to meet new people from all over the world and learn something about their cultures and interests. Of course, you may have already met some of your colleagues in your department, but what about the rest of the university? You may stay three, four, five or even six years in this city without even chatting once with someone outside your building. We really believe that this is a waste of great opportunities and are therefore continuously offering different activities aimed at mingling people from every department of the university.
Get to know the PhD Academy
- Read the news and information about upcoming activities on our blog or stay up to date using or the RSS feed.
- Check the calendar of upcoming activities. Check the news or calendar entries to see if you need to sign up.
- Our theatre committee holds weekly improvisation meetings (see facebook calendar)
- … add your idea, just .
- Read our mission statement and meet the people.
- Get involved as an active member